Lyle is a passionate trial lawyer, a constitutional scholar, and a respected appellate advocate. Having co-founded the firm in 1996 with Michael, she remains committed to the founding principles that guided them more than a decade ago – protecting families, demanding justice and getting results – one case at a time, one family at a time.
A gifted legal writer and strategist, Lyle manages the firm's appellate practice and is also the firm’s leading Georgia medical malpractice attorney. Whether writing a sophisticated legal brief or going head-to-head with a nationally known medical expert, Lyle is up for the fight and relentless in her pursuit of excellence. Lyle has been quoted often in the news media and is a frequent speaker on a wide variety of legal topics, at local and national levels.
A true renaissance woman, Lyle is an avid runner, a soccer mom, and a committed volunteer in the legal and local community.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1993
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Cumberland Law Review, Copy Editor, 1992 - 1993
- National Center for Paralegal Training, 1987
- Furman University, 1987
- Georgia, 1993
- Alabama, 1993
- Tennessee, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association - Constitutional Challenge Committee, Chair
- Verdict Magazine, editor
- Civil Justice Foundation
- Georgia Consumer Justice Foundation
- Civil Justice Political Action Committee, Executive Board
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- National Brain Injury Association
- Georgia Brain Injury Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Atlanta Trial Lawyers Society
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- "A Glimmer of Hope for State Sovereignty: the Supreme Court Limits Federal Regulations of Radioactive Waste Disposal," 23 Cumberland Law Review 655 (1993)
Lectures, Classes & Seminars Taught
- AAJ Annual Convention
- 2010: "Update on Daubert: What Has It Done to Affect the Right to Jury Trial?"
- 2007: "Consistent Evidence Involving Engineering Issues"
- 200?: "Newborn Metabolic Screening: Adequate Medical Care Begins Here"
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury Seminars (ICLE Georgia)
- 2011: "Daubert is a Double-Edged Sword"
- 2010, 2008, 2007: "Jury Charges and Preserving Objections"
- GTLA Annual Convention
- 2009: "Jury Charges and Preserving Objections" and "Preemption: The Pendulum Swings Yet Again"
- 2007: "Daubert: A Practical Guide to Navigating the New Playing Field for Expert Testimony in Georgia"
- GTLA Holiday Seminar
- 2002: with Michael Warshauer, "Medicaid & Medicare: Are The Liens Valid"
- GTLA Workshops
- Tort Cases, March 2011, Member of Panel Discussion on Rainmaking
- ICLE Workshops
- Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice, 2003, "Resolving Liens and Reimbursement Claims"
- Georgia Law of Torts, Oct 2002, "Trial Preparation: File and Work Flow Organization"
- Winning Settlement Demand Packages, 2002, "Paying Out the Settlement: Resolving Liens and Reimbursing Rights"
- *Technology at Trial, 2000, "Evidentiary and Ethical Considerations of Technologically Presented Evidence"
- *Torts of Sorts, 1999, "HMO/Managed Care Medical Malpractice"
- *Torts of Sorts, 1998, "Medical Malpractice and HMO Liability"
- *Torts of Sorts, 1997, "Professional Negligence"
- *Beyond Workers' Compensation: Maximizing Your Client's Recovery for On-the-Job Injuries
- June 2008, July 2007, March 2003, "An Overview of Current Subrogation Issues"
- Medical Malpractice Institute
- 2002: with Michael Warshauer, "Subrogation and Reimbursement: An Update"
- 1999: "Hospital Liability"
- Cobb County Bar Association Trial Lawyer Section
- How To Be A Better Trial Lawyer, November 2010, "Expert Witness and the Effect of Daubert on the Right to A Jury Trial"
* Event chaired or co-chaired by Lyle Warshauer